Thursday, March 4, 2010

Legion In-Store Performance















I could do this all day

We performed at Legion, a local skate shop. They let us do whatever we wanted. Good move. This gig was great, cuz we played almost all unknown stuff. We have deep crates, so it's nice to play for people that are open to new music. We mixed everything from underground hip-hop to electro house, to brazillian club tracks. All night we had people coming up and asking, "whoa, what track is this?"














It's hard to tell here, but the store was packed front to back

The photo above is the view from the booth. The owners projected skate videos on the screen above the front entrance. It was a lot of fun. It was like an in-store house party. At first people were just watching us spin, but it wasn't long before we had them dancing.













View of the store from the street

For once Provo felt like it had a nightlife. Next door a new cafe Penny Royale was having it's grand opening, and there were 2 other venues down the street that had concerts going on. I stepped out during CHu's set and there were crowds of people just hopping from venue to venue. I ran into some friends and some dude dressed like a vampire offered me a gig at some underground drum & bass club in Salt Lake. We didn't go.

UPDATE: It's been a while since this gig, unfortunately,  Legion and Penny Royale mentioned in this article have fallen victim to the economy. While at the time I hoped this sprouting scene was going to be the new norm for provo, I haven't seen it since. Maybe we'll get two new themed frozen yogurt restaurants.

No comments: