
The 40 foot movie screen. That's DJ CHu on the bottom left.
We were invited to spin at the Bridal Veil Film Fest. The event featured several foreign films and dance parties after the movies. They do these events all over the world, but the head dude is from Utah, so they brought it home for the first time ever. The event is to help out refugees, particularly those in Africa. We played 3 Saturday's straight, each with a different theme.
This is how I enjoy nature.
For sound they had like eighteen 15" powered Mackies and twelve 18" QVC subs. The sound was massive, but perfectly balanced. You could hear the music perfectly which is rare for an outdoor event. The sound guy was from Africa, and it was his first time in Utah. Really nice guy. He said it was weird to see the sun setting in the west.
Sound check before the show.
I've done a few outdoor events before, but this was the most scenic venue I've DJed at. The falls were to our immediate right. The last night I was there, after everyone left, I play some brazilian jazz for myself and just soaked it all in.


No comments:
Post a Comment